The GI Rights Hotline takes calls from active-duty, reservist, and National Guard service members anywhere they are stationed in the world. Quaker House provides two counselors to the Hotline, answering over a third of all calls that come into the Network.
Examples of reasons service members call into the hotline:
- Issues with harassment or discrimination,
- Reservist unsatisfactory participation,
- Reservist mobilizaiton,
- Currently AWOL or UA,
- Issues of conscience with killing/war (conscientious objection discharges),
- Entry-level separation (failure to adjust),
- Delayed-entry program (DEP) concerns,
- Problems with medical or disability discharges,
- Article 138 complaints.